170g butter, softened
125g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
135 ml coconut milk
1-2 sachets or 3-6 tsp Bondi Chai Ginger n Spice, dissolved in a little boiling water to create a syrup
200g self-raising flour, sifted
50g desiccated coconut
100g icing sugar
1 sachet or 2 tsp Bondi Chai Ginger n Spice, dissolved in 2 tsp boiling water
This recipe must use a bundt tin due to moisture content. Cake will not cook properly at the centre if a different tin is used.
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Add coconut milk*, chai powder, flour and desiccated coconut alternatively.
5. Grease bundt tin^ and pour in batter.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. After removing from the oven, allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
8. Turn out onto the wire rack to cool completely.
1. Combine icing sugar and chai mixture together.
2. Add extra water to make a pouring consistency.
3. Pour over the cake and sprinkle with coconut.
4. Make festive by decorating with mint leaves and glazed cherries.
*If using a can of coconut milk, be sure to give it a stir before adding to the mixture to ensure it hasn't separated.
^Use vegetable oil or cooking oil spray to grease to the tin just before adding the batter to ensure the oil doesn't settle at the bottom if using butter doesn't work for you.